If you plan to put your home on the market sometime in the next year or so, then you are probably already well aware of how, when it comes to real estate, the devil is often in the details. This means that while of course big factors like size, style and location are all very important, the little fixtures and improvements can be what makes one home more attractive than another, otherwise similar option. One way to help your house stand out is to invest in glass tinting in Birmingham, AL. Here are five reasons why that is:
- Energy efficiency: These days, there are two major buzzwords that those in the real estate business cannot avoid hearing on a regular basis: “sustainability” and “efficiency.” The appeal of having an energy-efficient home is twofold: buyers can enjoy the good deed of helping the environment, and they can also reap the material rewards of lower utility and upkeep bills. Tinted windows can help keep your home much cooler in the summer, meaning they can greatly increase a house’s overall efficiency, which in turn can help sell your house.
- Better look: If you have friends or neighbors who already have tinted windows, then you know how nice it can be to spend time in their homes. The sunlight never hits your eyes the wrong way, and everything seems to be bathed in the perfect filter of light. Obviously, selling a home has a lot to do with appearances, meaning that tinted windows could help you seal the deal.
- Resale value: It might seem counterintuitive to install new tinted windows right before selling your home—after all, you are not going to be the person who gets to enjoy them, and it does cost some money! But upgrades like high quality tinted windows can greatly affect a home’s resale value, meaning you can make up much of the difference in your house sale. It probably will not cover the entire cost, but it can get your house sold faster and easier.
- Curb appeal: We all know the importance of curb appeal by now—the way a home appears on the outside is a major factor for a large portion of potential buyers. Windows might not seem like a big deal, but having high quality, beautifully maintained tinted windows can certainly give a lift to your entire home’s curb appeal, and that value cannot be overstated.
- Pass inspection: Finally, most buyers will want to make the sale contingent on an inspection, meaning that all of your fixtures and systems need to be above board. If it has been a while since you invested in new windows, your existing windows could be faulty or outdated without your even knowing it. Make sure you pass inspection by investing in new tinted windows before selling your home.
If you are looking for reasonably priced, high quality glass tinting in Birmingham, AL, we hope you will get in touch with Solar Control Specialists today.