If you have been reading this space for a while, then you know that there are several qualities you ought to be looking for in a Birmingham, AL window tinting service: quality products, reasonable prices, full license and certification, experience and a strong reputation, just to name a few. But what if there was one key thing to look for that could often guarantee, or at least increase the likelihood of a service having all those other traits? As it turns out, there is such a quality: being locally owned and operated. Here are six reasons why:
- Great service: For a locally owned and operated small business, gaining the business of just a few customers can make or break an entire month’s worth of work. Because of this, and because locally owned window tinting services tend to care more about their friends and neighbors, you can count on having great customer service when supporting a local business.
- Strong consistency: Locally owned and operated businesses also tend to have a higher employee retention rate, and employees do not get transferred to different locations. This means that when you need to have your window tinting updated or replaced, there is a good chance the professional will already be familiar with you and your windows, which results in better, more consistent work.
- Support the local economy: When you hire a big national window tinting service, the money you pay goes to national headquarters, then gets distributed all over the country (or just stays in the CEO’s account). But when you support strong local businesses, your money goes directly toward supporting and improving the community that you live and work in.
- Local knowledge: A window tinting service in Birmingham, AL is going to have very different goals and products than a window tinting service in Alaska, California or New York City. When the local weather affects the product you are buying, it helps to buy it from someone with a strong knowledge of your local area.
- Healthy competition: If large corporations beat out all the smaller businesses, soon it would create a marketplace monopoly, which means higher prices for consumers and little accountability. When you support local businesses, including window tinting services, you are supporting healthy competition on the open market.
- Better recommendations: Finally, when you are looking for any kind of business or service, whose opinion would you trust more: an anonymous online reviewer with an unclear motive, or a trusted friend or neighbor? When you hire a local window tinting service, you can rely on receiving references and recommendations from real people living in your area.
If you are convinced that hiring an experienced, trusted and respected, locally owned and operated window tinting service in Birmingham, AL is the way to go, then we hope you will consider trusting Solar Control Specialists with the job. Our team of experienced professionals looks forward to hearing from you, and to improving the windows at your home or business.