Anyone who owns a house or office building knows just how expensive some types of improvements can be. It’s for this reason you may decide to look for creative and cost-effective ways to change things up. If this is something you want to do, consider starting with something simple, like updating your windows without replacing the glass that’s already in place. We’re talking about installing window film, which not only boosts aesthetics, but blocks out heat and harmful UV rays as well.
There are actually many different types of decorative window film on the market. As an experienced window film installer in Birmingham, AL, here are some of the options our customers love:
- Frosts and textures: Anyone wanting to add privacy to living or working spaces should consider frosted window film. This option can increase privacy in a bathroom, home office or between cubicles. You can also use frosted film on small front door windows to keep prying eyes out. Frosted window film, which comes in a wide range of colors, is available in various transparencies and light transmissions, meaning you can choose a frost film that either lets in a lot or a little bit of light.
- Opaque: Opaque window film is a great addition for bedrooms. The benefit here is that it blocks the light at bedtime so you can sleep more soundly. Not only does this darker film not let through any light at night, it also protects you and your family from harmful ultraviolet rays and the heat of the day.
- Natural: If you are looking for a decorative window film that’s more low-key, then a natural film may be the right choice for you. Natural options can be very subtle, and are available in a number of styles, including elegant floral patterns. They let in a good amount of light while blocking the heat from entering. This film can be installed in almost any room, and is especially great for family and living rooms and kitchens.
- Patterns and colors: People love digital print window film for its seemingly infinite options of patterns and colors. This type of film is an easy way to show off your creativity in the office. For example, you can use specialty color film to break up boring cubicle dividers, or to decorate a home game room.
- Stained glass: Another decorative film option is stained glass. In this case, it’s a window film that’s made to look like the real deal! This is a fun way to give your windows a high-end look for a reasonable cost.
- Customization: Decorative film can now be customized! Cover your office windows with your company’s logo, advertising information and employee names instead of spending money on bulky signs or cheap banners. Window film has become a popular affordable avenue for advertising, as it is easy to update or replace if necessary.
If you’re looking for decorative window film for your home or business, but want to be sure you choose the best option that meets your needs, contact Solar Control Specialists. We’ll set you up with a knowledgeable window film installer in Birmingham, AL right away!