To optimize the effectiveness of the windows in your home, you must be able to strike a balance between allowing a free flow of natural daylight inside, while keeping the sun’s harsh and damaging rays out. One of the most effective ways to do this is by investing in residential window tinting in Birmingham, AL. With this in mind, our window tinting specialists are here to tell you about all of the advantages this tint can provide:
- Protect your furniture: When exposed to the sun every day for a long period of time, the fabric of your furniture, rugs and flooring may begin to fade and eventually deteriorate. Rather than keeping your curtains closed all of the time, window tinting allows you to enjoy the natural sunlight without having to worry about damaging the condition of your valuable items.
- Energy efficiency: As they work hard during the cold winter months, tinted windows will help to conserve your home’s heat, and will help to repel the heat in the summer. This will in turn help to minimize the amount of heating and cooling loss that occurs through your windows. The improved energy efficiency will also reduce the workload that your HVAC system has to sustain, which can help to extend the life of the system and keep your utility bills under control.
- Reduced glare: When there is a glare coming through the windows, you may be forced to close your blinds early in the day. This will unfortunately come in the way of your enjoying as much natural light as possible while completing your various daily activities. The right amount of window tint will reduce this glare and allow you to read, watch TV or use your computer without having to worry about putting extra strain on your eyes.
- Added stability: Tinting also reinforces your windows and makes them harder to penetrate. If there is an impact that causes the glass to break, the tint can also hold the pieces of glass together so they do not shatter and spread everywhere, helping to substantially reduce the risk of injury.
- Protect your family’s health: While finding ways to introduce ample amounts of natural sunlight into your home is a highly sought-after feature, some of the sun’s rays can be dangerous. Window tinting reduces these damaging UV rays by more than 90 percent, significantly lowering your family’s risk of exposure to harmful radiation.
To learn more about all of the benefits that home window tinting in Birmingham, AL can provide for your property, contact the team at Solar Control Specialists. For more than 35 years, we have specialized in window tinting of all kinds, and whether you want to improve your home’s privacy or help delay the effects of sun damage, we are ready to work with you to find a tailor-made solution for all of your family’s tinting needs. Reach out today to get started on the window tinting project that will transform your home. We look forward to working with you soon!