Window tinting is frequently installed as an aesthetic feature, as it adds an element of style to any window to which it’s applied. However, aesthetics isn’t the only reason to tint your windows—there are plenty of practical reasons to do so as well. With spring on the way, you can expect a lot more sunshine and thus a lot more potential heat transference into your home, so now is a great time to invest in window tinting and get greater control over your home’s temperature.
Here is a quick overview of some of the biggest benefits of installing heat blocking window tint in your home in Birmingham, AL:
- Improved energy savings: Perhaps the biggest practical benefit of window tinting is that it repels heat in the summer and keeps heat inside during the winter. This means you’ll be able to cut down significantly on how much your heating and air conditioning have to run to maintain your desired temperature. Lower frequency of HVAC operation means a lower amount of energy consumption, which means less money on your monthly energy bills. Over time, these savings can add up in a big way.
- Protection against UV damage: The sun’s ultraviolet rays can get through windows that haven’t been tinted, which can result in a variety of problems. For example, certain pieces of furniture, artwork and décor that are constantly exposed to those ultraviolet rays could experience fading or other forms of damage over time. In addition, your skin would also be subject to potential sunburns even when you’re inside if your windows aren’t treated with any kind of UV-blocking protection, which comes standard with window tinting. It’s highly beneficial to use window tinting to guard your home and your body against the sun’s ultraviolet radiation.
- Cut down on glare: Too much sun can result in a bothersome glare, which can make it difficult to watch television, lower your productivity if you’re trying to get work done or make it hard for you to focus on conversations with other people in the room. Window tinting significantly cuts down on the annoying glare that can be caused by sun shining through glass.
- Increased privacy: Window tinting still allows light into your home and doesn’t restrict your view of the outdoors, but it does help to obscure the interior of your home to people who might look in from outside. This is particularly beneficial for rooms in which you might want extra privacy, such as bedrooms, bathrooms or offices.
- Glass protection: Should your window break, the film used for window tinting will cut down on the risk of the glass shattering, which makes for a much safer cleanup of the area around the window after the damage occurs.
For more information about the various benefits of installing window tinting in Birmingham, AL this spring, reach out to the team at Solar Control Specialists today. We’d be happy to answer your questions and provide any additional information you need about this versatile and affordable product!