If you’re the owner of a commercial building looking to make some upgrades to your property, one type of upgrade that can give you a lot of bang for your buck is window tinting. You won’t have to replace any of your windows, and you’ll still be able to increase the aesthetic appeal of the property and save some money in the process.
Here’s a quick overview of these and other commercial window tinting benefits in Birmingham, AL:
- Energy savings: There are a lot of reasons why business owners should focus on steps they can take to cut down on energy expenditure, including financial savings, compliance with local and federal standards and increased customer loyalty due to your focus on sustainability. Window tinting will block out a significant amount of the sun’s heat, which will result in your being able to save energy on HVAC operation to keep the interior temperature consistent. Reduced energy usage means lower monthly energy bills, which over time will add up to some major savings.
- Improved privacy: Privacy and security should always be top priorities in commercial buildings. You won’t have people peering in on your operation from the outside, and your employees will feel more secure and less distracted (and thus be more productive).
- Increased comfort: Because commercial window tinting will help you maintain a consistent interior temperature on the premises, your employees will be able to stay more comfortable, which helps them to remain productive. It can be a nuisance for employees to never know what the temperature is going to be like in your building depending on how the sun is shining. Giving them some consistency there will improve their overall feelings about the environment in which they work.
- Protection against ultraviolet rays: Window tinting protects everything in your building from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Furniture, décor, merchandise, technological equipment and other items can all potentially experience some degradation as a result of long-term exposure to UV rays. Because window tinting effectively filters out those rays, you won’t have to worry about your furnishings being damaged or fading. High-quality window tinting will block more than 99 percent of the harmful ultraviolet rays you’d otherwise have entering the building when the sun shines in. This is also beneficial for people who have windows in their offices, as they won’t have to worry about getting a sunburn even while being inside.
- Reduced glare: Glare can be distracting to employees and customers alike. In an office setting, it can make it difficult to use computers or other devices. Glare also increases eye fatigue while decreasing productivity. Using commercial window film allows you to keep the blinds open, allowing natural light to shine through while avoiding problems with glare.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with the use of commercial window tinting in Birmingham, AL. If you have any questions about the services we offer, we encourage you to contact Solar Control Specialists today to arrange a consultation. We’d love to tell you more about your options!