Window film is a popular method of adding privacy to your home, increasing the safety of your window glass and improving the aesthetics of your windows. However, there are a lot of other creative ways you can use decorative window films around your home in Birmingham, AL to add some artistry and creativity.
Here are just a few examples of some ways you can use decorative window film in places other than your exterior windows:
- Shower doors: Want to add a bit of privacy and decoration to your shower doors? You can find window films with intricate designs to put on your glass shower doors. You might also choose to simply go with a frosted glass for privacy while you’re in the shower. This is especially beneficial for parents of young children, who tend to barge in when they’re not necessarily expected.
- Entryway glass: The entryway is the first area of your home that will greet your guests, so finding creative ways to decorate it and add some personality can be a good idea. Though there are benefits to having lots of natural light come through the front entryway, having large windows in such a space might also seem to put your home on display. As such, you may consider adding a semi-private decorative film to the windows that can mimic etched glass, creating a little bit of privacy while also adding a luxurious touch.
- Kitchen cabinets: If you have glass-paneled kitchen cabinets, you can add a bit of visual interest by putting on decorative window films in Birmingham, AL. This will keep people from seeing your dishes without forcing you to take dramatic steps to change the appearance of your kitchen, such as adding wooden doors.
- Interior windows: Do you have any interior windows around your home? Most of the time these are in place for decorative purposes anyway, but if it’s just plain glass, it could probably use a bit of flair. You can find films that mimic etched or stained glass, or add frosted panels to create a bit of privacy. Consider the other décor you have in the area in question and what types of films would be most appropriate to complement it.
- Create a mirror finish: If you wish to add a bit more privacy to your home with your exterior windows, you can use certain types of decorative films to create a mirror finish. It will increase your privacy as well as your home’s efficiency, reflecting sunlight away from the home so it doesn’t warm up your interior spaces too much.
These are just a few examples of some of the ways you can use decorative window films around your home in Birmingham, AL to accomplish something other than just providing some tinting to your exterior windows. If you’re interested in learning more about the kinds of decorative window films we have available and the steps involved with installing them on your glass, we encourage you to contact Solar Control Specialists with your questions.